Dr. Jenny S Collins
This is a private website. If you wish to view, please contact me for permission at firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials by this author in this site are © 2011. All requirements and assessments information are © by Wilkes University, Wilkes-Barre, PA.
Below is my resume which includes my ESU community activities as well as my outside community activities.
Jenny S. Collins, EdD.
email@example.com East Stroudsburg, Pa. 18302 570-424-8761
Thirty years teaching experience pre-school through seniors. Extensive performing background predominantly in accompanying (vocal, instrumental, musical theater, opera); initiation of Parlor Recital Series at ESU, beginning 1996.
- East Stroudsburg University, instructor, Music Department 2000-2014: Piano Classes, Intro. To Music, Music Fundamentals, Independent Studies
- Moravian College, part time Music Department 1990-2008: Piano Class, Piano Pedagogy, Piano Proficiency, Theory, Marketing Skills
- Northampton Community College, Monroe Campus, part time Music Faculty 1997-2006
- Private Piano Instruction, 1979-present
- Piano Class and Hand Bells volunteer instructor for The Older Adult Learning Center (ESU Continuing Education), 2010-present.
Performance Experience 1979-Present
- Numerous faculty and community recitals
- East Stroudsburg University: numerous theater and opera productions; choral accompanist (concert choir, jazz choir); numerous vocal recitals and adjudications (NATS, Metropolitan Opera Auditions); instrumental accompanist, 1980-present. Initiated Parlor Concert Series, 1995-2004.
- Summer Concert Series--music director and pianist, 2014-present.
Substitute pianist/organist for East Stroudsburg Presbyterian Church
- Workshop presentations for various music organizations
- Active member National Federation of Music Study Clubs; Music Study Club of the Stroudsburgs (judge for solo piano and local and national composition competitions); 1980-present
- Active member MTNA; PMTA; Lehigh Valley Chapter PMTA past president and treasurer
- Bohemians' Music Club of New York City
- Psi Chi, lifetime member since 1972
- Pocono Arts Council
- EdD. Wilkes University, May 2014; Leadership in Educational Technology; GPA 4.0; dissertation: Faculty Development in Technology
- Continuing Education (30 post graduate credits; seminars; workshops) in music theory, composition, music pedagogy, music technology, and education from West Chester University, Westminster Choir College of Rider College, East Stroudsburg University
- MM in piano pedagogy and piano performance: West Chester University, West Chester, Pa. 1987 (3.96 GPA)
- BFA Music Performance: Piano East Stroudsburg University 1986 (4.00 GPA)
- BA Psychology/Art Moravian College Bethlehem, Pa. 1975 (3.23 GPA) 1-year internship in art therapy
- Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, Md. - piano pedagogy credits, study with Dr. Tinka Knopf-Esteban
- Piano Performance Master Classes: Seymour Bernstein, Andre Michel-Schub, Alfred Brendel, Konrad Wolff, Fernando Laires
- Non-credit community courses in art and creative writing.
- Involvement in community/church program, Family Promise
- Church: past treasurer; past chairperson worship committee; present Outreach Committee chairperson; present Elder
- Organize and perform annual mission (Honduras) recitals, 2006-present
- Member of Education Committee of Pocono Community Theater
- Member Brodhead Watershed Organization
- Volunteer instructor for The Older Adult Learning Center, ESU Continuing Education--piano class and hand bells, 2010-present.
Jenny S. Collins
- 2014: EdD. awarded May 2014 Leadership in Educational Technology; GPA 4.0; Wilkes University, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- 2008-2009: Media/Communications post graduate studies at ESU
- 2004-2008: Postgraduate studies in music composition, music theory, music education, music technology, piano pedagogy, secondary education (Westminster Choir College/Rider College, University of Texas, West Chester University, Moravian College Music Dept., ESU)
- 2004-2008: Non-credit workshops, seminars, and conferences in piano pedagogy and music technology (Yamaha/Moravian College, Yamaha/Lafayette College, National Pedagogy Conference/Chicago, Ill.)
- ESU Parlor Recitals
- ESU rehearsal accompanist to music dept. productions; recording accompanist
- ESU rehearsal and performance accompanist for college/community choir
- ESU accompanist to woodwind and vocal recitals
- ESU performances with the University Dance Company
- ESU Alumni Day; ESU Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Benefit recitals for Christian Veterinarians in Honduras
- Accompanist for annual Messiah performance, Shawnee, Pa.
- Design of Special Topics course for Music Dept.: Intro. To Music Technology
- Sustainability Committee (Press releases; Wikispace for committee; organization of various field trips for students; planning for annual conference including providing appropriate music)
- Campus Ministries: working with members through my church, East Stroudsburg Presbyterian Church
- Search committee for music department
- Currently involved with Media and Communications Dept. in setting up technology workshops as well as setting up a library for student webquests
- Judge for ESU High School Technology Fair with MCOM Department; Spring 2010 to present
- Judge for MCOM Department class projects (MCOM510); Spring 2010, Spring 2011
- Recipient of ESU Research Grant which funded purchase of books, CD's and DVD's for Music Department Library
- Recipient of 2010 Technology Fee Grant
- Recipient of 2010 Instructional Fee Grant
Member ESU Sustainability Committe
Member ESU Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning; online learning sub-committee
Member ESU Assessment Team
Volunteer for ESU summer autism camp, Camp Colors
Volunteer for ESU Upward Bound program, music
Volunteer for ESU Older Adult Learning Center - piano classes
Music Department: Technology Initiatives:
- Piano Class
1.1 Aided in proposal for and acquisition of fifteen Yamaha electric keyboards
1.2 Aided in design of installation of fifteen laptop computers to be connected to keyboards; technology fee will also include a new printer
1.3 Aided in acquisition of projector for piano classroom
1.4 Recipient of Technology Fee Grant which will help to update equipment
1.5 Recipient of Instructional Fee Grant which makes possible purchase of document camera, which can be used by all faculty members in any classroom
1.6 Recipient of Instructional Fee Grant monies used for purchase of additional piano scores for classroom use.
- Design of new Special Topics course, Intro. To Music Technology
- Smart cart for recital hall/classroom
- Wifi for recital hall/classroom
- Creation of Wikispace for Department members
- Private piano studio: students involved in recitals and adjudications
- Judge for solo piano adjudications
- Judge for composition competitions
- Professional organizations, active membership: National Federation of Music Study Clubs/Music Study Clubs of the Stroudsburgs; Lehigh Valley Chapter of the Pennsylvania Music Teachers' Association of the Music Teachers' National Association; Pocono Arts Council. Also member of performance organization, The Bohemian's Club of NYC
- Education Committee of Pocono Community Theater
- Member Brodhead Watershed Organization
- Elder, East Stroudsburg Presbyterian Church substitute piano/organist; Special Music performances
- Present chairperson for Outreach Committee (presently also working with ESU Campus Ministries); past chairperson and present member of Worship Committee
- Active participant in community Family Promise program